My old boss and now someone I would call a friend, Martin King (no relation) joined us on the show for Episode Three!
Industrial Water Treatment is a funny industry to firstly get into but also to work in – predominantly a B2B environment but one that seems to be growing smaller and smaller, with staff retention a definite goal in an ever decreasing pool of candidates – we learn how Martin has helped grow the business over the years before becoming an owner very recently and how his staff are fundamental to the business growth.
This episode of The SalesChange Podcast covers –
- Who are Goodwater and what makes them different to other Water Treatment companies?
- Entrepeneurs – detail driven or visionary?
- Starting from the bottom of the business – how does that benefit you when you get to the top?
- The future of the Water Treatment industry?
- How do Goodwater engage their staff and keep them involved in the direction of the business?
- How will technology shape our childrens future?
- Answers to the ‘SalesChange 5’ questions.
On every SalesChange Podcast – we ask the guests to answer 5 standard questions – here are the responses from Goodwater’s Martin King.
- What was the last book you read?
- Who is the leader you look up to the most?
Martin – Not necessarily a leader but Sir David Attenborough because of his consistent message, what he stands for in terms of climate change and how we should treat the planet really resonate with me.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Martin – Like every young boy, I wanted to be a professional footballer but I wasnt good enough – then I wanted to be an accountant.
- Whats the worst job you could imagine doing?
Martin – Data entry of any kind. The monotony would bore me. I like numbers but not that much!
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn?
Martin – None of those! I prefer Whatsapp as a network.