Mike Weinberg loves sales! He is a consultant, coach, speaker, and bestselling author who has become one of the most trusted and sought after sales experts in the world today.
His specialties are new business development and sales management, and he’s on a mission to simplify sales and create high-performance salespeople and sales teams. Mike is a #SalesTruth-teller known for his blunt, practical approach and that he calls it like he sees it. He works with companies in all industries ranging in size from a few million to many billions of dollars and has spoken and consulted on five continents in the past year.
Mike’s books have seriously upgraded my sales game over the past few years and I can definitely attribute his book ‘Sales Management:Simplified’ for having a truly profound effect when I began managing a sales team. Thats why I wanted to have Mike on the podcast and why it was important for me to hear direct from Mike about the issues around sales leaders and more importantly, the false truth in bringing ‘sales heroes’ into your sales team only for them to blow up and flop.
This is the premiere episode of Season Two of the SalesChange podcast and its instantly a favourite for me!This episode of The SalesChange Podcast covers –
- The problem with Sales Management in todays sales environment
- The risks associated with recruiting a ‘sales winner’ from an outside company
- The issues with social selling
- The common mistakes that sales people make in the field
- Why you need (as a sales manager) to take responsibility for your team, not your own numbers.
- Answers to the ‘SalesChange 5’ questions.
- What was the last book you read?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Whats the worst job you could imagine doing?
- What’s the worst sales mistake you’ve ever made?