Danny Allen-Page is a former professional footballer who has turned his hand, in a hugely successful way, to Digital Marketing.
His company, Gravity 7 is going from strength to strength and has hit 6 figures in 2020 – but thats not all.. At the start of 2020, Danny doubled down on his personal brand and invested in a content strategy to bring followers and leads to his Instagram profile – he hit over 51k followers in less than 10 months and has elevated his profile as a business/sales coach.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about Danny’s back story – from professional footballer into a wine broker and then digital marketing and what he’s learned over the last few years to really catapult his business experience. Fear used to play a big part in Danny’s life and it’s what caused his departure from professional football – we chat about what Danny does now to overcome and fight his fears head on.
This episode of The SalesChange Podcast covers –
- Dannys journey from professional football to digital marketing agency owner.
- How fear played a huge part in diverting his career away from football
- How Danny shaped his own mindset to generate success in his wine broker career
- Why you should attach an emotion to your goals to really get an internal commitment.
- Answers to the ‘SalesChange 5’ questions.
On every SalesChange Podcast – we ask the guests to answer 5 standard questions – here are the responses from Danny Allen-Page.
- What was the last book you read?
Danny – Follow Up and Close the Sale by Jeff Shore
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Danny – Footballer – that was it!
- Whats the worst job you could imagine doing?
Danny – I could never work for someone else – after being at the mercy of other’s and working for other people, I could never allow a business I run to fold and then put my family in jeapordy.
- What’s the worst sales mistake you’ve ever made?
Danny – Telling is not selling – I used to just talk (and talk) and I never used to listen to what my clients were telling me. When you don’t listen and you end up just ‘telling’ the client what they want, its not a fast track to success.
- Who’s the leader you look up to the most?
Danny – My grandad – he was literally a legend. He showed me what it was to be a man, how to be the head of a family and work hard.